- New financing for transformative projects to be announced at #edd19
- EIB will give the floor to partners and projects enhancing economic and social inclusion around the world
- Key debate on the impact on communities of investment to clean up the oceans on 18 June at 17:00
Partners and project beneficiaries from around the world will join experts and senior representatives from the European Investment Bank this year at the European Development Days (EDD) organised by the European Commission on June 18 and 19, to reflect on how to better address inequality and create opportunity for the most marginalised and vulnerable communities. The EIB delegation will host and participate in a series of debates to explore solutions to further boost inclusive and sustainable growth.
The EIB is a global actor. In addition to its activities inside the European Union, the EU bank supports EU policy objectives and contributes to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through investment in some 160 countries. The bank is currently delivering around EUR 7-8 billion per year in financing outside the European Union. This goes to projects aiming at addressing inequality through climate action, resilience, connectivity, rural development, female economic empowerment and sustainable growth.
Ahead of the event, Ambroise Fayolle, EIB Vice-President in charge of Development, said: “As the EU Bank, we are stepping up our efforts to reduce poverty and inequality around the world through strategic investment which aims at the highest possible impact on people’s lives. We are scrupulous about making sure the financing we provide is used wisely and helps maximise the EU’s impact and influence, including through its new External Investment Plan. That’s why we are working closely with European bilateral agencies, the European Commission and the European External Action Service, as well as other multilateral development banks and local partners, in order to coordinate and enhance our development efforts. ”
The EIB will hold a number of policy sessions and project presentations at its special stand 94 where beneficiaries and experts will be available for interview.
EIB senior representatives, experts, project partners and beneficiaries available for interview at EDDs – see press contacts
- Luca Lazzaroli, EIB Director General, Deputy Head of Operations
- Maria Shaw Barragan, EIB Director of Global Partners Department
- Angela Marcarino Paris, EIB Head of the Asia and Pacific – Public Sector Division
- Catherine Collin, EIB Head of Regional Representation East Africa
- Eleni Kyrou, Head of EIB Representation to Ethiopia and the African Union
- Diederick Zambon, EIB Head of Public Sector Lending for Infrastructure projects in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Sunita Lukkhoo, EIB Loan Officer responsible for the Cambodia water project
- Vanndy Hem, Under-Secretary of State from the Ministry of Economy and Finance Cambodia
- Sim Sitha, Director General Phnom Penh Water Supply Authority, Cambodia
- Samson Sithole, CEO Climate Adaption, Agricultural Development, Rural from Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise
- Yonas Maru, Founder & Managing Director of Bandwidth&Cloudservices Group (BCS-Group)
- Tatiana Pereira, Co-Founder & Coach of Idealab, a Mozambican social enterprise focused on SME´s development and promotion of female entrepreneurship
The EIB at #edd19: highlights and events
The full schedule of EIB participation at #EDD19 is available here:
Main EIB events:
EIB stand at edd#2019: https://eudevdays.eu/community/sessions/2356/fighting-inequalities-boosting-inclusive-growth
Join the conversation with EIB experts, partners and beneficiaries LIVE on our social media channels at #edd2019 #ThinkTwice – Tackling inequality through strategic investment. Send your questions and comments!